Job Title: Integration Project Officer
Reports To: Senior Project Officer: Integration and Cash
Country/Location: Greece / Athens
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the US Catholic Conference of Bishops States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS has been working in Greece since 2015 in response to the refugee and migrant crisis, working in partnership with the national and local diocesan Caritas organizations in Greece.
As a key member of the Integration project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly work towards improving the impact of its benefits for those we serve.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist the integration team in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Collect information on project support needs of the integration team and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities related to integration project activities including procurement and payment requests within the integration team. Determine needs and provide any needed logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Support effective communication across project teams, including communicating with partner staff; troubleshoot potential challenges and devise practical solutions
- Ensure program quality and donor compliance in planning, implementing and reporting on integration project activities
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; international relations, social sciences or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of humanitarian programming and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience in monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English, both written and spoken
Travel Required: Non-Applicable
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Integration Project Team
External: Caritas partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CVs have to be sent in English
[To send your CV please click here]
with subject Integration Project Officer.