Call for CVs GR 19/123 Interpreters
Position Title: Interpreters
Duty Station: North Greece
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National SMS Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Cultural Mediator Coordinator, the main duties of the Interpreters will be:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Languages: Fluency in Greek/English as well as one of the following languages Arabic/Kurmanji/Farsi is required.
1. Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism;
2. Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
3. Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
4. Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
5. Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues;
6. Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
7. Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
3. Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to
quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 19/123 by 17th November, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting Period: 11.11.2019-17.11.2019