Bursting with heritage, this former monastery that houses Selene Restaurant in the heart of Fira town, takes on new life with emerald hues and rose-colored accents, set against an alluring backdrop of black and cream. The landmark restaurant and pioneer of Santorini's cuisine plays off this history-filled space to offer guests a revelatory dining experience, where past and future become one.
Selene, a historic, internationally awarded restaurant, based in Katikies Garden 5-star luxury hotel, is looking to recruit a junior Sommelier with an in-depth knowledge of Greek wine, great command of English and excellent communication skills. The selected professionals will have the privilege of working with Mr. Karakasis MW.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role,
- Minimum WSPC level 2 (or equivalent),
- Competence in presenting wines gracefully to guests, talking about regions and the winemaking processes,
- Attention to detail with regards to wine service (including the ideal temperature and choice of glassware for each wine),
- Upselling skills,
- Love for wines of Santorini,
- High levels of energy & diligence,
- Integrity, reliability & a spirit of cooperation,
- Working knowledge of POS systems (ideally Micros),
- Ability to keep all wine tasting lists (and additional Material) updated and presentable,
- Ability to keep track of wine stock and submit orders,
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
Selene Restaurant Offers:
- Competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience,
- Accommodation at fully equipped apartments,
- Daily meals,
- Pleasant working environment,
- Supportive management,
- Training and career development,
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
Should you wish to be a member of our team, please send us your CV along with a photo of yourself at
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.