Scott Dunn is renowned for its excellent childcare, this is your chance to join our fantastic childcare team in the French Alps for the winter ski season. The childcare team are an extremely important part of the service Scott Dunn offer and this is a great opportunity to do the job you love in a fun and exciting environment.
This role is the perfect opportunity for candidates with experience of working with children who wish to progress in the job they love, in a stunning environment, with a growing company. You will be a part of the children's club team delivering the childcare operation in resort and it will be your responsibility to ensure children aged from 4 months to 13 years are cared for in a safe environment and have an ability to work across all age groups delivering a varied and engaging activity program. You will be working within a professional childcare team in order to provide the very best experience for the children. From the moment the children arrive in the club you will ensure they have the holiday of a lifetime experiencing new activities and letting their imaginations run wild.
Our team are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the children have a fun-filled and enjoyable time, which is what keeps families coming back to us year after year. The resorts may have incredible facilities for children but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that offers great professional development opportunities and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
In your spare time you will be able to ski and explore in some of the most beautiful, challenging and varied terrain in the world and enjoying the local delicacies and culture.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “nothing is too much trouble”. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Care for children aged from 4 months to thirteen years planning and delivering an engaging and delivering age appropriate activities.
- Ensure the guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare.
- Be adept at keeping an efficient and accurate record of plans and routines.
- Ensure and maintain excellent safeguarding practices.
- Work closely with management, all team members and hotels.
- Have a flexible approach to the role and be prepared to step in where necessary.
- Follow all logistics including collecting and dropping children off at ski school and at their hotel.
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for children.
- Plan and deliver a range of activities both indoors and outdoors.
- Ensure all infants personal needs are met.
- Provide nutritious and healthy snacks and lunch.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to guarantee an efficient operation and deliver expected standards.
- Communicate with parents at the end of the day and throughout their holiday regarding their child’s wellbeing.
- Complete any administration tasks (including paperwork) set to the required standard.
- Provide a degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes.
- Report any Health and Safety concerns.
- Make certain that the cleanliness of the club is of extremely high standard.
- Travel to any of our other resorts as and when bookings require.
Abilities & Expectations:
- Love and ability to work with children aged 4mths plus
- Team player
- Good self-motivation
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Organised and pro-active
- Outgoing and fun
- Confident to complete necessary daily records and paperwork as instructed
- Experience of working with children
- Capability to work in sole charge of children
- Health and safety conscious
- Flexible approach to work
- Paediatric first aid qualification
- Worked in a sole charge childcare role
- Additional languages
- Full clean EU driving licence
Package & benefits:
- In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, Scott Dunn offers a very attractive remuneration package.
- All of our team members are offered: -
- A competitive salary
- Live out accommodation
- Return travel at start and end of contract (please refer to travel policy for more detailed information)
- Comprehensive training course
- Career progression with opportunities in our Summer program
Please note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a police check.
All candidates must hold an EU Passport or already have the right to work in France.
[To send your CV, click here.]