Matrix Insurance & Reinsurance Brokers S.A. (Broker at Lloyd’s), a leading company in the Reinsurance industry with international presence is seeking to hire an in-house lawyer for the Legal & Compliance Department. He/she must have already enrolled as an advocate with a Greek Bar Association or be during her/his pragmatic training contract close to completion, and shall perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department to facilitate its efficient operation, providing legal & clerical support on international level.
Lawyer / Advocate (permanent contract) / Legal and Compliance Department.
Location: Athens premises-Headquarters
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible, team player, well presented.
- Ethical, with quick response time, able to work hard under pressure.
Qualifications & pre-requisites:
- Greek or UK University Law School graduate, preferably with a master’s degree from UK or English speaking University;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Relevant working experience, 2-3 years – previous experience in the insurance market will be considered as a plus.
- Fulfilment of training articles/contract with actual on the job legal training; license to practice law will be a plus, of even 1-2 PQE;
- On the job: Will need to know basics on Law 2190/1920, advise and work on demanding contacts of many types/forms, drafting of Minutes of the Board of Directors/Shareholders, general corporate law principles and possession of good commercial business awareness and communication skills. Experience in Insurance law will be also a plus but not a pre-requisite;Will need to assist the Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer in any possible way and overall handle and administer the Group’s corporate, commercial and broking/business needs to the fullest; Will also need to be able to administer and efficiently carry out all Group countries’ needs and requests, if necessary.
- Computer literate and experienced in Microsoft office applications (MS Office, Outlook)
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- For all males: military (national service) obligations must be fulfilled.
Our firm offers a competitive remuneration package according to proven experience and skills, learning & development opportunities, medical insurance scheme and support on career growth.
Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae
[To send your CV please click her]
by quoting Advo/Legal-Dec16.
All applications will be considered in strict confidence.
However, only relevant profiles will be considered in the recruitment process.