Learning Technologist – Online Academic Programs Department (Part time | permanent)
Alba Graduate Business School is seeking to appoint a part-time learning/educational technologist to support the school in the design and development of its online programs.
The person will join the Online Programs team and is expected to make significant contribution to the design, production and delivery of online content across degrees. The position has the potential to turn into full-time after 6 months.
The successful candidate will take active role in shaping the new teaching, learning methods and technologies to deliver courses to global adult learners, with a view to support the strategic development of online course delivery as well of technology in the classroom.
The candidate should be experienced working primarily with Canvas or other learning management systems. You should demonstrate strong communications skills, preferably acquired in a higher education setting. You will work with different subject matter experts/faculty and program management to design, develop, and deliver online course content, interactive and multimedia technology-driven components, and other support material consistent to ensure flexibility and reusability.
You will also utilize web page authoring, desktop publishing and presentation software, to develop custom content; edit video and audio files for use in online courses; will design interface in Canvas and integrate coursework in Canvas.
- Bachelor’s degree in educational technologies, Instructional Design or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in designing online courses, course platform technology experience, and managing the course development process.
- Previous experience working with online education organizations or in Higher Education.
- Demonstrated knowledgeworking with Canvas and/or Blackboard or experience with other learning management systems.
- Strong command of English (content will be designed and delivered in English).
- Optional, but highly desired: Master’s degree in instructional design and learning technologies.
- Work with subject-matter experts (SMEs) on identifying the best approaches to online content delivery
- Support the use of technology for teaching and learning in a Higher Education environment
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Strong project management skills, while establishing effective working relationships across teams and departments.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
- A commitment to student-centered learning
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Application Deadline: November 22, 2021.
Anticipated Start Date: December 1, 2021.
Application Instructions: Applicants should complete the online application and include the following material:
- A cover letter describing previous related experience (emphasis on developing postgraduate business courses) and their vision on how technology can enrich the online but also in-class learning experience.
- A current CV (no longer than 2 pages).
- Contact details (name, e-mail address, telephone number) of at least three persons who can provide a professional reference upon request.
- Desirable but not required: if you have an online portfolio or sample of your work, please include a website link on your CV or send us samples of your work along with your application.
[Το send your CV please click here]