Call for CVs GR 19/126 Legal Assistants
Position Title: Legal Assistants
Duty Station: North Greece
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Legal Coordinator and the overall supervision of the National Protection Coordinator, the incumbent is expected to:
1. Conducts initial assessment of needs and background information;
2. Sets an individual assistance plan, provides information and advice regarding, asylum procedures including family reunification, welfare rights, housing, access to health care services and education, etc;
3. Provides support in filling in all the forms for requesting a residence/work permit in Greece and/or any other legal documents for the minors’ case i.e. travel documents;
4. Conducts research and provides counselling, inter alia, on legal and contractual issues and ensure that IOM’s activities are implemented in accordance with the IOM Constitution and other relevant provisions;
5. Provides to the teams operating within the camps/shelters with necessary legal information for beneficiaries’ best interest;
6. Maintains close communication and collaboration with authorities in relation to the beneficiaries’ wellbeing;
7. Travels if it is required for supporting minors in legal procedure;
8. Performs such other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Languages: Proficiency in English, and Greek.
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
3. Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to
quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 19/126 by 17th November, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting Period: 11.11.2019-17.11.2019