iTechScope is the first International IT Recruitment Agency in Greece. Based in Athens amp; Dubai we offer Recruitment Services exclusively for the sectors of IT & Engineering. Large companies in Greece, Europe & the Middle East find in us avaluable partner and job seekers discover an experienced ally in the process of finding the ideal position.
On behalf of our client, a leading Travel E-Marketplace we are currently looking for a passionate Linux System Engineer, to join its newly established software development team.
You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of a large-scale Linux cluster. You will be responsible for ensuring that hardware, operating system, software, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and Partners. You will be also required to participate in technical research and development to enable continuous innovation for company’s systems and infrastructure
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of Linux servers
- Create and manage automated server tasks for unscheduled or routine operations
- Install new software, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches
- Complete security audits on a routine basis
- Troubleshoot and resolve operating system problems, identify hardware failures.
- Maintain and review system logs and reports
Knowledge, Skills amp; Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant subject
- In-depth knowledge of Linux architecture
- Good knowledge of TCP and HTTP stack
- Good knowledge of shell scripting. Experience in any of perl/python will be considered a plus
- Basic knowledge of configuring / troubleshooting major web-related software (i.e. nginx, apache, haproxy)
- Basic understanding of database administration.
- Basic understanding of virtualization in Linux (XEN/KVM, Openstack experience will be considered a plus)
- Willing to work on a rotating on-call duty schedule
- Very good command command of English, both written and oral
- Team spirit and advanced communication skills
- Passionate about web-related technologies.
- Accountable thinking, acting-like-owner mentality
- Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with high-pressure situations with grace and composure; some humor is always appreciated!
Attractive remuneration package which includes health insurance. Yet, the real excitements comes from the opportunity to enter an international, dynamic and fun-to-work atmosphere among young and smart engineers with vast learning stimuli in using best practices and cutting-edge technologies. Challenging engineering projects in within highly emerging and market competitive travel industry.
If you are interested in applying in this Exciting JobOpportunity please send us your CV in ENGLISH now
[To Send Your CV Please Click Here]
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE HANDLED WITH TOTAL CONFIDENTIALITY
WE ARE SOCIAL!