Organisation: Médecins du Monde Grèce (MdM Gr)
Title: Logistics Coordinator
Deadline for applications: January 19, 2018
Description of the Organization:
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
MdM Greece has been active in Greece for 25 years, developing quality of care , improving access and advocating for the right to health for all people. It also thrives to promote good management of the health facilities it supports.
Summary of the position:
MdM Greece seeks a Logistics Coordinator profile to join it's growing and dynamic team. This is an exciting position to work in and that brings significant support to the migrants’ arrival crisis. Under the supervision of the ECHO General Coordinator, the Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the development of the Country Programme Logistics Strategy (in consortium) and ensure its timely implementation. He/She will ensure that MdM’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented, used and respected by the team.
Position of the function:
- Is under direct hierarchical management of the General Coordinator
- Technically reports to the General Coordinator and logistics referents
- She/he is in charge of the logistics department of the ECHO Project and supervises all logisticians and drivers of the project
Position objectives and responsibilities:
- Define/adapt and implement the logistic tools required to achieve the general objectives, in close collaboration with the ECHO General Coordinator, MdM Greece and MdM Belgium.
- Define and implement logistics processes and ensure that everyone is trained in the tools and compliant with this different processes in his/her daily tasks.
- Responsible for the appropriate selection (in collaboration with the Referent Logistician in HQ), installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the following technical disciplines: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, shelter, Cold Chain etc.
- In coordination with the ECHO General Coordinator, be in charge of the implementation, follow up and respect of MdM Logistics procedures (purchase management, communication, stock management, fleet management, asset management, facility management).
- Responsible for the training and the technical support to all logistics staff in their objectives.
- Attend MdM Coordination meetings and take part to the Field weekly coordination meeting.
- Responsible for compliance of all staff with Security Protocols and briefs the staff to the security rules of the project in absence of the General Coordinator.
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships at national level.
- Ensure systems mitigate risks from corruption and insecurity.
- Is in charge of updating the purchase plan and help the program in pacification of their needs.
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process; he/she is directly responsible for the respect of the procedures and the completion of all purchase files.
Education/ Minimum Requirements for the post:
- University degree
- Background in logistics/supply chain
- At ease with Office pack
- Greek and English mandatory
- At least 5 years work experiences in relevant field of activities
- Is familiar with the humanitarian sector and at ease in emergency contexts
- Experience in managing and work in an international team
- Ability to work in emergency, to set up a logistical base and build up an operation,
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to listen and share decisions / Ability to take effective decisions according to the context
- Flexibility, Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Good writing and communication skills / Ability to communicate effectively with informants and contacts from widely-varied organizations and agencies
- Leadership / team player
- Great capacity to set up priorities in his/her work and help his/her team to do so as well
- Respectful, diplomatic and excellent behaviour.
- Negotiation skills
Potential candidates are requested to send a CV and a Cover Letter in English until January 19, 2018 to the following email address: [To send your CV please click here], stating the title of the position in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.