Position: Logistics Manager
Organisation: MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF)
Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Duration: 3-month initial contract (with possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability statusand all other diversity characteristics.
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator or Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project / capital including the following:
- o Logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions)
- WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities
- Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the project
- Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Participating in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project / capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Ensuring all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools.
- Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
- Be responsible for the logistics budget.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines.
Education Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
Experience Essential at least 1 year of working experience with MSF in Log Manager position
Languages Essential English. Greek will be considered an asset.
Knowledge Computer literacy
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Health Insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference
code "Logistics Manager" in the subject line of the e-mail
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing date: 14/04/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.