Our client is a well established & key player, food production company. We are looking for an individual to recruit for the position of Logistics Manager. This role requires a highly motivated, energetic, forward-thinking leader with a successful track record in the supply chain function and in the sector of retail, food production, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, or similar industries.
The role is based in Thessaloniki.
ref. code: LM_1220
The appropriate individual will be responsible for the Logistics strategy of the business and its successful execution. He/she have the responsibility for aggregate planning and inventory control, including timely delivery of resources, supplies, products and services needed to meet the objectives of the business at the best total cost and quality.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for enhancing internal processes and infrastructure, improving strategic planning and overseeing the functions of the supply chain. The candidate must have direct supply chain management experience, preferablyinan FMCG environment with high SKU count,with hands-on experience in transportation, demand planning, forecasting & customer satisfaction.
The role requires strong communication, organizational and leadership skills in a high-growth environment, and ability to operate at a fast pace, multi-task, and manage people and resources.
- Leads and supervises the team responsible for all reverse logistics operations and transportation management activities. Pick up locations can include, but are not limited to, closed-loop, third party sortation, salvage, food bank, asset recovery, customer location, and more.
- Ensures the backlog of available inventory for daily production stays at or above targeted levels to optimize production planning schedules, reducing downtime and changeovers.
- Proactively communicates with service centre operations and the supply chain planning teams surrounding any potential outages and works collaboratively to mitigate cost overages.
- Supports the production planning team by ensuring optimal seasonal collection routing changes are planned to optimize freight costs and provide the RPCs are in the right place at the right time. Develops, communicates, and implements a transition plan.
- Improves the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through current technology enablement, training, process improvement, and application of best practices.
- Ensures consistency and sustainability of processes and mitigates business continuity risks.
- Collaborates with retailers, third-party logistics providers, and internal & external sortation providers to develop seasonal forecasts to ensure adequate sortation and carrier capacity supports the timely flow of RPCs through the reverse logistics network.
- Promotes a culture of safety and efficiency: manages expectations at the salvage and sortation sites to ensure proper loading patterns are being followed and shipments are secured
- Supports retail sales with new customer roll-outs and manages the implementation of any new reverse logistics operations.
- Performs and distributes necessary data analytics surrounding weekly, monthly, and year-end freight costs.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of planning, logistics, production scheduling and/or inventory control in a multinational environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain management experience.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and change management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations;
- Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Proven track record of achieving long-term objectives and successfully managing projects that require an organizational change at all levels of the company
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills and abilities, driven by data analytics
- Team attitude, eager to cooperate with others and exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop personal and workgroups into high performing teams by visible leadership among all levels of associates.
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]