International Rescue Committee Greece
Job Position Title: MHPSS Receptionist
Department: Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS)
Duty Location: Field Position, Mytilini, lesvos
Length of Initial Contract: March - November 2020, with possibility of extension
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
In response to the arrival of refugees in Greece since 2015, IRC has been offering a wide range of services including services on Mental Health. As of February 2018 IRC, has been implementing Mental Health and Psycho Social Support services to the residents of Moria RIC, in Lesvos. IRC aims to expand the range of services to include basic child care for the patients of its Mental Health center.
Job Overview/ Summary:
Implement all the requested administrative tasks, including reception of visitors with a welcoming attitude and appropriate appearance, as well as in a good manner that reflect the image of the organization, while maintaining the confidentiality of information.
Key relationships: MHPSS team, MHPSS Manager, other IRC departments
- Greet and welcome patients as soon as they arrive at the office in a professional manner, and direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Communicate and coordinate with MHPSS staff to ensure smooth coordination and implementation of scheduled appointments.
- Update electronic booking system as per need
- Other assigned tasks by the MHPSS officer and the MHPSS senior program assistant.
- Experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Responsibility for supporting other administrative staff within the department as a colleague, in providing cross cover as discussed and agreed with manager;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, Multi-tasking Flexibility, Time management, Organizational skills, Scheduling, Word processing, Professionalism;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Requires to react sensitively to distressed patients;
- Post requires ability to switch between tasks in response to changing demands;
- Awareness of the requirement to maintain the confidentiality of personal data and applies appropriate systems to preserve the confidentiality of information, following the requirements of the Data Protection and Information Security Policies;
- Responsibility for own health and safety arising from immediate work area and in respect of others to the extent of reporting any defects/incidents to the security focal points and taking reasonable precautions to reduce harm to others;
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, in Greek and English. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge in the following languages: French, Farsi, Dari, Arabic, Pashto, Urdu, Kurdish;
Working schedule: 9-5, Weekdays.
- All staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in transit sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
[To send your CV please click here.]