Position: Medical Coordinator Assistant
Project: MSF Europe Migration
Location: Athens, Greece
Starting Date: Mid May
Duration: 3-month contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Assist and support the Medical Coordinator in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the staff in the mission
- Participating actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participating in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Supporting project development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- In support of the medical coordinator, representing MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assisting the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Following-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the capital, organizing their transport, setting their further referral to reference facilities previously identified, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases.
- Carrying out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Carrying-out administrative, information gathering and data collection tasks, and regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- EPREP focal person for the mission
- Medicine or paramedical (nurse or midwife) degree essential
- Mandatory knowledge of English and Greek.
- Essential working experience in migration context 6 months minimum
- Mandatory working experience in MSF or other NGO’s for minimum 1 year.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English quoting reference
code “MedCo Assistant" in the subject line of the e-mail
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 15/04/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.