Position: Medical Doctor
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Rehabilitation of migrant survivors of torture
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
Background of the Project:
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has been providing medical and humanitarian assistance to migrants and refugees worldwide. Since October 2014 MSF provides support to migrants and refugees who have suffered torture and other forms of ill-treatment. Our aim is to offer integrated rehabilitation services, including medical care, physiotherapy, and psychosocial support to survivors of torture and ill-treatment. In particular for survivors of torture, MSF works in close collaboration with the Prometheus II project, implemented by the Greek Council for Refugees and BABEL Day Center.
Main Purpose of the Position:
Provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Provision of medical care by carrying out outpatient consultations and prescribing the necessary treatment according to MSF protocols
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team assessments and discussions addressing individual patient needs in a holistic manner
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness, provide appropriate explanations about the treatment and check that it has been understood
- Ensure patient confidentiality
- Follow up the referrals of patients to external specialists and hospitals
- Check and monitor medical equipment under your responsibility and take care of disinfection and sterilization of medical material if necessary Assure general compliance with hygiene standards
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or medical errors
- Participate in training in order to optimize the quality of care and build up knowledge and skills for the identification and rehabilitation of VoTs
- Ensure that all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented
- Check that universal precautions are followed at all times to reduce bio-hazard risks and improve infection control
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Education: Medical Doctor Diploma and licence to practice in Greece
- Languages: Greek and French essential
- Experience: 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training)
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and victims of torture is an asset
- Teamwork, inter cultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private Insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "MD"
in the subject line of the e-mail at:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing date: 06/04/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.