Position: Mental Health Activity Manager
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Projects
Starting Date: 01 July 2022
Duration: 6 months (possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Defining, coordinating, and monitoring all mental health related activities in the project area including management of staff, ensuring the quality of care, participating the MH activities when needed and analyzing statistics and reports, according to MSF protocols in order to provide the most appropriate support for patients.
- In close collaboration with other medical team members, identifying the needs of Mental Health support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning, organization and update of the appropriate MSF strategy and the Mental Health activities and its budget. Monitoring and evaluating Mental Health support activities.
- Reviewing and developing the technical materials, tools, guidelines, and documents, coordinating and ensuring the implementation of all Mental Health standard protocols and procedures.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes of the staff under his/her responsibility
- Coordinating and ensuring that Mental Health activities (in and outside health facilities), with the clients are performed with regular follow-up to provide the most appropriate treatment for beneficiaries with psychosocial problems. Ensuring that Mental Health team is calm and neutral during sessions, regardless of personal feelings and/or beliefs.
- Participating in the MH activities such as assessments or mobile clinics, etc. when needed.
- Mapping and regularly updating the existing Mental Health services and maintaining good and regular communication and collaboration with other components of the project
- Identifying possible advocacy issues and informing MC and PC before taking any action.
- Ensuring that Mental Health department participates in counselling as well as Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VTC) activities when needed.
- Participating in monthly and quarterly reports according to guidelines, providing info about Mental Health department, reporting problematic situations and cases to the Medical Coordinator to help with decision making and problem resolution. Assisting in any other requests by the line manager and supporting the MSF activities when needed.
- Ensuring that psychiatric patients coming to MSF facilities receive proper treatment including psychotropic medication and psychosocial support either within an MSF program or thru referral to an appropriate resource.
- Showing flexibility in new activities of MSF based on changed needs/context.
- Education: Degree in psychology or medical degree with specialization in psychiatry. Master’s degree is an asset.
- Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years as psychologist or other similar profession. Desirable working experience in a managerial position with MSF or other NGOs, and in developing countries.
- Languages: Essential English. French/Greek is an asset.
- Computer Literacy: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles, Behavioral Flexibility, People Management and Development, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address,
quoting reference code "MHAM Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail:
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]
Closing Date: 15/06/2022
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, ability statusand all other diversity characteristics.