Position: Mobile Health Activity Manager
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ North Greece
Location: Based in Evros
Starting Date: Mid-September
Duration: 4 months (possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all mobile health activities to support health programs according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure quality medical care for patients and their communities and to improve the health condition of the population
- Together with the Medco and the Logco, identifying the needs of the mobile health support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning and updating of the appropriate MSF strategy and the mobile health activities and its budget. Performing initial data collection and establishing base line criteria, analysing data and mapping the potential problems (e.g. sample collection, adherence problems, difficulty in pharmacy management, etc.)
- Supervising the mobile health activities.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the monitoring tools and coordinating the implementation of the mobile health activities according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate support to the target population. Collecting and analysing data and documenting the lessons learned
- Ensuring continuous networking and active search for partners (e.g. MoH, national associations of People living with HIV/AIDS, universities, specialized commercial firms or non-profit organization) to guarantee the achievement of mobile Health deployment through partnership with one or several other actors.
- In close coordination with the project biomedical service, supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, motivation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, statistical report, etc.) and reporting problematic situations and cases with the Medical Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator in order to help with decision making and resolution of problems
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards in the mobile clinic and t\consulation room.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Education: Medical Doctor Diploma and license to practice in Greece.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of medical clinical experience as Medical Doctor (in General Practitioner work is highly desirable). Experience in working with vulnerable populations and victims of violence is an asset.
- Languages: Essential Greek and English.
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles; Behavioral Flexibility; Stress Management; Results and Quality Orientation; Service Orientation; Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English, quoting reference code "Mobile Health Activity Manager_North" in the subject line : [Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]
Closing Date: 19/08/2022
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, ability statusand all other diversity characteristics.