Athens, Attica, Greece · Technical Department
GRNET is currently evolving its network infrastructure capabilities and service portfolio to accommodate the advanced requirements of academic and research stakeholders in terms of capacity on demand, hosting of virtual network functions, software control and integration with data center resources.
The Network Engineer:
- Analyzes the requirements for the provision of automated and orchestrated network services
- Specifies and plans the upgrades/extensions of GRNET's network infrastructure including new dedicated optical circuits, overlay networks for special applications, software-defined service delivery, control/development of network functions with NFV technologies
- Prepares RFI specifications for advanced L2/L3 network solutions in the WAN and analyzes the outcomes
- Designs and implements lab environments for testing of new features and integration with existing technologies and tools
- Analyzes and designs software requirements for managing and monitoring network resources and advanced network services
- Plans and executes pilot and pre-production deployments of advanced solutions and service offerings
- Collaborates with operations team for smooth solutions/service transition and specification of operational framework
- Working experience in production-level deployment of network infrastructures and services
- Excellent knowledge of basic principles and concepts of IP networks: TCP/IP, addressing/ sub-netting, IGP/EGP routing (e.g. OSPF, ISIS, BGP) etc.
- Very good knowledge of Ethernet networks and related concepts, protocols and technologies (e.g. 802.1Q VLAN, 802.1ad QinQ, Spanning Tree protocols etc).
- Proven experience in MPLS technology and related concepts, protocols and services such as label distribution protocols, p2p & multipoint L2VPN services, L3VPN services etc.
- Experience in managing and operating a large variety of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls.
- Experience in Operation Support System (OSS) tools for monitoring, inventory management, configuration management etc.
- Good knowledge of the English language
Nice to have:
- Experience in SDN/NFV technologies and deployments
- Knowledge about Data Center Networking technologies and concepts such as server multihoming, ECMP routing and load balancing, IP Fabric, overlay networking (EVPN/VXLAN)
- Experience in Network automation tools and stacks (Ansible, StackStorm, etc)
- Training options on edge technologies such as SDN and NFV
- International collaborations
- Environment that fosters innovation
[To send your CV please click here]