Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing from their home countries.
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- To support the access of patients to other health facilities through our referral system, accompanying patients, liaising with external health actors, and ensuring appropriate follow-up as outlined by the doctors.
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients
- Carrying administrative procedures and documents, ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Fill in all necessary registers and health files, participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance
- Knowing/recognizing and referring to the MD, vulnerable people that include survivors of violence, pregnant women, people with chronic medical condition and/or disability that require special attention, elders and unaccompanied minors. Collaboration with advocacy team members.
- Organizing and carrying out triage in the Mobile clinic as well as in the fixed clinic, provide care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting the MD during consultations, performing medical procedures when required (including bed side tests). Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Link with EODY nurse supervisor for referral and contra-referral of patient to secondary health care for diagnostic purpose.
- Nurse degree/diploma. License to Practice as a Nurse in Greece.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Nurse.
- Experience in First Aid.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or any other NGO`s.
- Desirable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- Mandatory English language.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Health Insurance.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Nurse Samos” in the subject line of the e-mail at:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing date: 15/06/2022
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted