Position: Nurse (Referral)
Project: MSF Europe Migration/ Lesbos-Balkan Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 6 months
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients (mainly women in reproductive age), according to the midwife and doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population. Part of medical team of Mobile clinic (PHC) and high involvement in vaccinal activities.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality always.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions and assisting during consultations and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the midwife so they can receive the necessary treatment.
- Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping midwives/doctor/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Provided the vaccination to the target patient following the protocol put in place
- Depending the organization, assure the triage in the SRH department
- Part of medical team of Mobile Clinic: in charge of nurse consultations, triage, patient education and collaboration/communication with the rest of the team.
- To support the access of patients to other health facilities through our referral system, accompanying patients, liaising with external health actors, and ensuring appropriate follow-up as outlined by the midwives or doctor.
- Ensure patients are properly received and installed in the health service. Ensures that patients with lack of autonomy are assisted Knows and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Sends material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization. Support the sterilization process.
- Education: Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma and License to practice in Greece.
- Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Languages: Essential Greek and English.
- Competencies: Results and quality orientation, teamwork and cooperation, commitment to MSF principles, behavioral flexibility, stress management, service orientation
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English to the following email address, quoting
reference code "Nurse Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 19/04/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, ability statusand all other diversity characteristics.