Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an International Non Governmental Solidarity Organization acting in the fields of humanitarian and development aid, in France and worldwide. Working in the field for over 20 years, Secours Islamique France is now active in more than twenty countries, mainly in three sectors: water and sanitation, food security, and child protection.
Working towards worldwide solidarity, a caring world where the basic needs of vulnerable people are met.
Secours Islamique France is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the most vulnerable in France and around the world, while respecting cultural diversity, without distinction of origin, political affiliation, gender or beliefs, and without expecting anything in return. SIF intervenes where humanitarian and social needs require the mobilization of emergency aid, the implementation of development programs and advocacy actions.
Secours Islamique France is based on Islam’s human values, those of solidarity and respect for dignity which it places at the core of its concerns. Through its commitment, values and missions, it calls for building a solidarity that transcends differences and borders.
Since its inception, Secours Islamique France has been committed to the following principles, which are the foundation of humanitarian action:
- Neutrality and independence;
- Respect and impartiality;
The current refugee flow is regarded as the greatest migration in Europe since World War II. Fleeing war and violence, thousands of displaced people, mainly from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, try to seek asylum and security in Europe. In autumn 2015 Secours Islamique France (SIF) opened a mission in the Balkans with its main office in Skopje and started the realization of winterization and psychosocial support programs in FYROM. Following an increase of activities in Greece, SIF moved its offices from Skopje to Athens in July 2016.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
Designs and Implements physical education activities with children and youth (50% in Malakasa Accommodation Centre, 50% in Athens).
MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Objective: under the supervision of the Program Manager and in coordination with the Temporary Learning Space Supervisor and Youth Centre Project Manager ensure the proper design and implementation of physical education activities.
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, design and conduct physical education activities with children and youth attending activities in the Temporary Learning Space of Malakasa and Youth Centre of Athens.
- Assess children and youth needs regarding their physical development and development of motor skills, and plans relevant activities.
- Ensure the smooth and effective organization of a variety of structured games and activities, adapted to the needs of children of different age, sex and abilities;
- Follow-up on the psycho-social wellbeing of children and ensure a safe and welcoming atmosphere, in compliance with SIF’s child protection standards and policies;
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected;
- Ensure that the space of the activity implementation is safe, clean and appropriate for children and youth;
- Ensure that children’s participation and inputs form the basis of the physical education activities;
- Represent a positive role model and demonstrate conflict-solving and team building spirit;
- Encourage team work and cooperation between participants;
- Promote and encourage the involvement of parents and families in the planned activities;
- Ensure that all materials, tools and equipment are accounted for and stored securely at the end of the day;
- Organize the booking of specific sports facilities when needed;
- Report protection and security incidents for the purpose of maintaining the personal safety of children and youth;
- Monitor and identify protection needs and gaps of children and youth and report to the Program Manager accordingly;
- Provide all necessary, activity-related, qualitative and quantitative data to the Program Manager.
- Degree in Physical Education, or any relevant field;
- A minimum of two years’ professional experience as a qualified physical education teacher, trainer or any relevant field;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek;
- Good knowledge of children’s/adolescent’s rights and related matters;
- Conformity with SIF Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy;
- Strong communication, facilitation and emphatic skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Flexibility, commitment and motivation;
- Experience delivering physical education classes;
- Previous experience in a national or international NGO;
- Knowledge of Farsi/Dari/Arabic/Kurdish;
- 4 months assignment;
- Frequent travels between Malakasa camp and Athens will be covered by SIF;
- Salary according to SIF policy in Greece and previous experience
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply please submit a CV and a letter of motivation in English to: [To send your CV please click here], indicating the title of the position in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Closing date: 30th of November 2017.
- Please note that, due to the urgency to fill the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may be conducted before the closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.