Job Title: Project Assistant
Department: Shelter Team
Reports To: Senior Project Officer
As a member of the Shelter project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist colleagues in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data er specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Provide support to team members with all tracking systems of utilities and commitments in real time.
- Communicate with all utility providers for invoice related issues.
- Serve as a focal point for vendors. Plan, implement and follow up work of action for current liabilities in coordination with involved teams (Finance, Procurement).
- Ensure all payments are processed correctly and on time.
- Support and provide back office support if required to team members on conducting First Site Visit Reports and Monitoring Visits of current and future Shelter facilities.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of Shelter Program and of an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills required
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Shelter Senior Project Officer, Senior Project Officer-Donor Compliance, Shelter Project team, Shelter Program Manager, Finance team, Operations team, Procurement team External: Utility Providers, Building managers, Caritas staff
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
[To send your CV please click here]