Position: Project Coordinator
Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Starting Date: November 2017
Duration: 5 month contract
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organisation that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the migrant population arriving and stranded in Greece.
Define the objectives and priorities of the project, by identifying humanitarian needs, analysing the context, the humanitarian issues at stake, the risks and constraints, taking into consideration human and financial resources. Implement the activities as defined in MSF strategy for 2018 in Greece and adapt them to the evolution of the humanitarian needs identified in the island.
Main Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop institutional contacts with national partners at project’s level (civil society, civil and military authorities, local NGOs, Ministry of Health representatives, etc.) as well as with media in order to obtain all information and agreements necessary for the integration ofMSF’s programs in the local context.
- Supervise the political and humanitarian situation in the project’s region in order ensure thatMSF's charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- Evaluate needs by identifying the population’s health status, by analysing the context and associated risks and constraints in order to define priorities and projects goals and to calculate material, human and financial resources needed.
- Propose and carry out exploratory missions, according to Head of Mission’s indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs.
- Ensure a data collection and epidemiological surveillance system, in agreement with the Medical Coordinator, in order to define medical and technical programs and preventative protocols for the targeted population.
- Provide reporting to the coordination team on project’s evolution and proceed with recommendations if needed.
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project, analysing the consequences of political decisions or negotiations in course, in order to bear witness of and to render the populations' distress public.
- In coordination with the Administration Manager and Activity Managers, plan the organizational charts, distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their understanding of the issues linked to the Project and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals.
- In coordination with the Administration Manager and Activity Managers, identify training needs, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment toMSFvalues and project’s goals.
- Define and regularly update, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Project’s security policy and strategic response to emergencies, reporting any concerning issue, in order to improve risk working conditions and to ensure staff’s full adherence to security rules and protocols. Manage the security in the project, ensuring that all necessary security measures are in place for the safety of MSF staff and its operations.
- Contribute in advocacy strategy related to barriers to health care, identification and case management for vulnerable, reception system, etc. by providing information and data to coordination team.
- Participate in the communication strategy and definition of key messages.
- University Degree in Humanitarian Aid or paramedical diploma would be an asset
- Working experience of at least 6 month to one year in a similar position
- Working experience with MSF or other NGOs is essential
- Experience in developing countries / with migrant population is an asset
- Experience in a managerial position is essential
Languages: Fluency in Greek and English. French or Arabic will be considered an asset.
Knowledge: Computer literacy is essential
Competencies: Strategic vision, Leadership, People Management, Teamwork, Results Orientation
All MSF staff receives an employment contract, remuneration, social and health insurance.
To apply, please send your CV and a motivation letter in English, quoting reference code "Project Coordinator" in the subject line of the e-mail at [To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 27.10.2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be taken into consideration.