Position: Project Coordinator Assistant
Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Location: Samos, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision-making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration on-board and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Contribute to the analysis of the political, humanitarian, economic and social context in the project area through daily review and report of local Samos media (TV, radio, newspapers, web etc.) as well as with information gathering from the project’s team.
- Create and maintain his / her own network with authorities.
- Assist in the compilation of background documentation; archive documents and record them as required.
- Desirable university degree
- Desirable previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Essential English and Greek language
- Essential computer literacy
- Very good social and communication skills
- Proactivity and proficiency in sourcing and learning information and data
- Ability to extract, interprets, analyze and share information and data
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and writing skills
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadline
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Health Insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code “Project Coordinator Assistant” in the subject line of the e-mail.
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing date: 24/01/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.