Our Client, an international investor in luxury leisure, tourism, and hospitality services is seeking to hire a Project Director, to lead the design and execution of its construction projects in Greece.
The position will report to the Company’s CEO or/and Board of Directors (Management) with the mission to efficiently organize and coordinate the various aspects of the Construction Project (the Project) according to the priorities set by Management.
More specifically, the subject role’s main responsibilities include:
- Direct collaboration with Management, setting and defining priorities as regards the various aspects (planning, construction, sales, operating, maintaining, etc) of the Project, as well as the efficient organization and coordination of them. It is specially mentioned that the investor will directly supervise some aspects of the Project (such as but not limited to licensing, procurement, architectural concept).
- Leads negotiations with third parties regarding proposed planning, construction, sales and maintenance schemes with particular emphasis on cost and time including developing sustainable and innovative (including value engineering, green certification and other tools) proposals.
- Ensuring that commitments and contractual arrangements in terms of licenses, studies, sub-contracting agreements will be timely and properly executed in line with the pre-agreed action plan and budget.
- Monitoring and controlling of all financial, contractual, and execution parameters of every individual task in progress such as budget and P&L overview, quality control, cost control, regulatory compliance, meeting deadlines.
- Directs and intermediates in planning, construction, project management, and bureaucracy problems with “a-hands-on” approach, whenever required.
- Recruitment of appropriate executives and staff in line with each individual task of the Project’s progress and requirements.
- Organization of local office (both in Athens and on-site in Agios Nikolaos, Crete).
- Regular detailed reporting to Management of each individual task of the project’s progress and requirements with emphasis put on financial monitoring and progress control.
- Gathering of design, construction, technical and commercial data of the Project to create a database to be used for future projects.
- Balancing of local community’s interests with company’s and projects’ development interests with view to the smooth, timely and proper execution of planning and construction works.
- Relationship Management with key opinion leaders at local and regional levels.
- Accountability for the proper and compliant acceptance of each individual project’s delivery by sub-contractors.
The ideal incumbent must:
- Be highly skilled in project management of complicated hospitality development projects.
- Be highly skilled in monitoring and coordinating large-scale construction works.
- Have the ability to envision and understand the “Big Picture” of a complicated development project and, to this effect, based on his experience and specialization, be able to predict possible future construction and/or other types of failures, faults, deficiencies, and delays which may come during projects’ execution and their cost implications to budget.
- Have the ability to timely modify project planning in line with actual developments and progress of each project separately in order to prevent future failures, faults, deficiencies, and delays.
- Have the ability to guide, manage and instruct sub-contractors and project supervisors in the execution works assigned to them to prevent them from future failures, faults, and deficiencies, which may lead to delays and additional costs and expenses.
- Be competent in written and verbal reporting with the ability to present in a realistic and thorough manner the actual situation of each projects’ status, as well as to interpret the true reasons for variants against budget and project plan.
- Establish and lead Commercial Department in order to thoroughly provide all required structure to facilitate marketing and sales of property.
- In case off-plan sales of property organize efficient coordination of construction time-frame, modifications in design and architectural plans suggested by potential clients.
- Be communicative, mature, methodical, and calm with a solution-proving mindset, possessing all these necessary personality attributes that stem from a high emotional intelligence level.
- Be passionate with his work, with highly developed aesthetics instinct and an eye to detail, and to be uncompromisable when it comes to quality and commitment issues.
- Be trustworthy, reliable, and strongly committed to projects’ conclusions with professionalism and integrity.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in management /construction/ maintenance of large-scale real estate development projects with a presentable documented successful track record.
- Have a financial/ engineering/ real estate salesperson background and be highly competent in hospitality / residential real estate and project management.
- Have advanced financial management skills with reference to management and monitoring of construction works.
- Have proficient command of the English language, while knowledge of Russian language is highly desired.
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]