Job Title: Project Officer Apartment Outreach
Reports to: Project Officer for Accommodation and Capacity Building
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. In Greece, CRS works closely with Caritas partners in support of asylum seekers and recognized refugees. Current programming includes included cash assistance, accommodation, livelihoods, and supports to integrate into Greek society.
As a member of the HELIOS Apartment Outreach team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact. Proactively engage and strengthen partnerships with Caritas Hellas and Caritas Athens team through regular communication.
- Engage apartment owners and real estate agents within Greece to participate in apartment renting program using key messages, scripts, and multimedia promotion material.
- Effectively manage owner / real estate agent data management system and website for outreach and report any inconsistencies or gaps.
- Verify apartments physically based on project minimal standards for project participants.
- Provide guidance and technical support/orientation to implementing partner staff.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Carry out other duties as assigned and depending on project needs
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Engineering would be a plus. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project implementation, ideally in the field of urban housing.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); hands-on experience with basic data management.
- Experience in graphic design will be considered an asset.
- Valid driving license required.
Fluency in Greek and English, both written and spoken
30% around Southern Greece
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experienced driver preferred.
- Video editing skills will be considered an asset.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Programming Team
External: Caritas Hellas, Caritas Athens, HELIOS implementing partners, network of stakeholders
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English email to:
[To send your CV please click here.]
mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Project Officer: Apartment Outreach”. The deadline is February 7th, 2023.