The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), a neutral and independent humanitarian organization, has a vacancy at its Delegation in Greece for a resident position based in Lesvos:
Protection Field Officer (PFO)
As part of the protection team, the PFO contributes to the definition, the implementation and the monitoring of the activities of the ICRC Delegation in Greece in relation with the Protection of vulnerable migrants living in reception and identification facilities on the island. In line with the strategy and the guidelines followed by the ICRC Delegation in Greece, the PFO performs the following tasks in Lesvos:
- S/he contributes to the definition and implementation of the protection activities;
- S/he contributes to the monitoring and analysis of the humanitarian situation affecting migrants;
- S/he facilitates and maintains contact with relevant partners and authorities;
- S/he sets up and participates in meetings organized on protection issues with relevant actors and authorities;
- S/he carries out verbal and written translations (Greek-English);
- S/he contributes to internal and external protection reports activities (detention visit reports, working papers, and strategic papers);
- S/he may be requested to support other protection activities elsewhere in Greece, in particular with regards to distribution of assistance, visits in detention places and follow up of individual cases.
- University degree (preferably in migration studies, or any other relevant field);
- Preferably, holder of a master’s degree;
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of migration, detention, protection;
- Knowledge of the Greek humanitarian and protection context;
- Preferably, knowledge of and experience in SGBV-related issues;
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken Greek and English is essential ;
- Knowledge of Arabic, Farsi & French is an asset.
- Professional translation capacity (English-Greek) is considered an asset;
- Very good computer skills;
- Good Facilitation/training skills (for workshops, meetings with communities, etc.);
What we offer
- Open ended contract with probation period;
- Salary according to ICRC policy in Greece and previous experience (on a yearly 14-months basis);
- Health insurance covered according to ICRC policy;
- Monthly vouchers allowance;
- An opportunity to practice your professional skills in a humanitarian and multicultural environment;
- Access to in-house trainings and development.
The ICRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications equally from men and women.
Please note that this vacancy is open only to EU nationals and to nationals of other countries with a residence and work permit in Greece.
Application Deadline: 01 April 2020.
Please send your application (CV + Letter of motivation) in English quoting reference code "PFO "
in the subject line of the e-mail to:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.