Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Location: Samos, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and identify appropriate treatment plan accordingly.
- Providing psycho-education on symptomology, and referring patients to complementary health professionals whenever necessary
- Providing assessment and counseling/psychological support for survivors of sexual violence and gender based and/or physical violence, according to MSF protocols in close cooperation with the medical team
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family) with the aim of crises intervention and stabilization of a person to patients according to MSF protocols in order to ease symptoms improve their functionality
- Providing group sessions in order to stabilize and empower patients
- Assisting and training staff members whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Working in close collaboration with cultural mediators
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities through regular documentation
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential
- Informing the patient and his/her caretaker (if present) about the appropriate uptake of psychotropic drug treatment to follow if necessary in accordance to MSF protocol and with support of doctor/psychiatrist
- Facilitate MH group sessions in accordance to chosen approach and agreed upon protocols
- Write certificates to support patients in legal procedures
- Master degree in psychology is essential. Essential degree or diploma in Psychology. License to practice as psychologist in Greece.
- Essential minimum 2 years’ experience as Clinical Psychologist.
- Previous experience with transitionary migrants, refugees and asylum seekers population is an asset
- Previous experience in psychological support for (sexual) violence survivors is desirable
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- English and Greek language is mandatory. Desirable French Language.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Stress Management
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Health Insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting
reference code “Psychologist Samos” in the subject line of the e-mail
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing date: 15/04/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.