We are recruiting for our hotel in Platis Gialos, Kefalonia for the position of Receptionist to join our team!
The White Rocks Hotel Kefalonia is a four star recently renovated family-run hotel founded in 1974, looking for passionate individuals with welcoming smiles, a high level of integrity, care for quality and excellent customer service attitude.
The employee in this position is responsible for welcoming and serving our valued guests in a friendly manner and in accordance with the pre-defined procedures and standards of the hotel. He/She constantly presents professionalism and reflects the positive image of the hotel as it has a crucial effect on the first and last impression that guests will have about the hotel.
The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Performs check-in procedures for arriving guests and check-outs for departing guests in a friendly and caring manner in accordance with hotel procedures and standards.
- Upon check-in, register guests and provide room. Handles special requests when possible. When needed, helps customers complete their registration card. Uses suggested sales techniques and promotes hotel services. Confirms the payment method that customers want and follows the established billing control procedures or forwards the cash payment to the cashiers. He invites the bellman to accompany the client to his room.
- At check-out it performs the corresponding procedure. Receives the customer's payment. Sets up the customer's account and gives him / her a copy of the invoice.
- Responds to all customer requests in a friendly and caring manner, whether by phone or in person, provides / receives information and takes appropriate action or refers to the right people to resolve the issue. This may include providing a safe box, handling messages, complaints and more.
- Coordinates the room status in collaboration with the housekeeping department informing about the departure of guests, late departures, early arrivals and special requests
- Remains informed about the facilities and services of the hotel as well as the daily activities in the hotel.
- Possesses knowledge of room reservation process and proceeds to book or cancel them whenever needed after approval by the competent department.
- Maintains the order and cleanliness of his workplace.
- Answers all incoming calls, transfers lines to the appropriate internal telephone number in an efficient, friendly and caring manner according to hotel standards.
- Keeps accurate messages for customers and delivers them in a short time.
- Handles wake-up calls and notes them.
- Remains informed about the telephone directory, new employees or their departures, emergency procedures and general hotel services.
- Checks the adequacy of the stationery and the reception forms and makes the appropriate orders.
- Has a broad understanding of the hotel complex and the operation of other departments and seeks good and orderly cooperation with other colleagues.
- Responds to any other occasional request (related to the object of the position) that arises and is assigned by the head of department.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English, particularly desirable knowledge of another European language (German, French, Russian, Italian, etc.)
- Graduate of a tourism school with at least 2-3 years of professional experience in a similar position, preferably in large hotel units.
- Very good knowledge of PC and hotel program PMS (preferably Protel)
- Excellent contact with customers, partners and employees, flexible and cooperative character
- Courtesy, Loyalty, Accuracy
- Teamwork, diligence, attention to detail, responsibility, ability to effectively organize work and time management
- Elegant appearance, very good health and physical condition
- Ability to work overtime
Η εταιρία προσφέρει
- Competitive remuneration package
- Training in high standards of service delivery and development prospects
- Working in a pleasant, dynamic and growing professional environment
- Accommodation (for those who are not residents of Kefalonia)
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send a complete CV with a recent photograph to the following email address:
[To send your CV please click here.]
TK 28100, Argostoli
CV that do not meet the above requirements or are sent without a photo will not be evaluated.
We will contact in the near future only those who will be selected for an interview.