Requisition ID: req28456
Job Title: Refugee.Info Program Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Athens, Greece
The Refugee.Info Manager will ensure that the collaboration with the organizations (partners) is smooth and that partners contribute to the project on an equal footing. S/he will support Refugee.Info staff members with guidance on the coordination needed with the partner organizations. S/he will also contribute to the fundraising efforts of Refugee.Info nationally and internationally, including supporting partners in proposal writing as required.
- Refugee.Info program management and supervision
- Work closely with and support the Editorial and Communications Manager in identifying priorities for content creation
- Ensure the project activities are on track and implemented according to IRC and donor guidelines
- Manage the projects’ budget, in accordance with IRC and donor procedures, and ensure spending is on track
- Liaise with external actors, NGOs, UN agencies and local authorities when needed
- Attend coordination meetings with IRC and external bodies (various Working Groups)
- Provide support in deploying Signpost tools to handover partner based on jointly identified needs
- Contact, establish and maintain relationships with local Authorities and NGOs working in Greece and providing essential services to asylum seekers, refugees and migrants
- Foster collaboration and coordination with Refugee.Info’s partners
- Building a network of contacts who can support information verification
- Conduct field visits and assist in content development at field level as needed
- Identifying and flagging messages from the especially vulnerable and following through to ensure they receive appropriate protection technical oversight
- Monitor developments vis-à-vis the Ukrainian conflict and develop activities, proposals to address the needs of new arrivals
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners;
- Assess and suggest improvements in the partnership modelEnsure compliance of partners with programmatic deliverables and regular performance monitoring of partners to achieve the set project’s objectives;
- Ensure regular technical or other type of support and guidance to partners in accordance with partnership agreements;
- Ensure all internal IRC procedures with regards to partnerships are being followed.
HR, Staff Supervision & Development:
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Provide bi-weekly and/or monthly group supervision sessions to staff members;
- Provide weekly one on one support to direct reports;
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews;
- Undertake the recruitment and onboarding of Rfugee.Info staff, according to IRC HR policies and procedures;
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills;
Fundraising and grant management:
- Supporting report writing and proposal development by regularly seeking and sharing success stories.
- S/He is in charge of the implementation of the Refugee.Info Greece grants
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and reporting systems and processes;
- Manage staff that report into monitoring and evaluation systems in order to ensure data quality and timeliness in reporting;
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly and staff activity reports;
- Ensure high-quality programming according to international minimum standards and best practices;
- Support data analysis and information dissemination to the appropriate coordinating mechanisms, field teams, beneficiaries and IRC implementing teams accordingly.
- Provide representation for the Refugee.Info Greece in meetings.
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager.
Key working relationships:
The Refugee.Info Manager will be reporting to the Head of Programs and will be working with the Grants team, Finance, Supply Chain, Technical Advisors, Signpost Global and the M&E department, as well as with all the rest IRC programs in Greece.
Skills and competencies:
- Postgraduate in a relevant field, including Political or Social Sciences, international law, human rights law, international relations, other related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years work experience in project management, within the “refugee crisis” in Greece
- Proven ability to learn quickly, help achieve stated results and objectives
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Fluent Greek and English required
- Knowledge of local and national actors in Greece, including government agencies and non-profit organizations involved in refugee response.
- Experience managing partnerships across organizations highly desired, including designing partnership models and assessing partner organization capacities.
- Familiarity with Communicating with Communities (CwC) and/or community engagement approaches a plus.
- Knowledge of social media, website building, familiarity with tech tools and proactive engagement with key performance indicators on social media/websites, IT skills considered a plus
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
[To send your CV please click here.]