Senior Data Scientist
Optimal HR Group on behalf of its client, a leading systemic Bank in Greece, is looking to recruit a Senior Data Scientist based in Athens.
- Works closely with the management team to scope, identify and establish appropriate data analysis methodologies for new projects and define the resources needed for the proper and timely execution
- Leads analytics projects and oversees teams of data scientists in developing new and improved analytics applications, all the way from prototyping to production
- Seeks new data sources internally and externally that enable leading edge data science solutions
- Develops complex statistical modelling tools, involving complex algorithms, artificial intelligence methods, machine learning, deep learning, and advanced statistics
- Analyzes and interprets structured, semi-structured and unstructured data, utilizing scientific methods (statistical analysis, data mining, machine learning algorithms) to extract knowledge and make business recommendations
- Builds prototypes for data analytics solutions to be used across business cases
- Leads analytics projects, oversees the activities of data scientists, and provides advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts for the broader Data and Analytics team
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field
- At least 7 years of working experience working as a Senior Data Scientist in projects related with finance sector, managing teams of Data Scientists.
- Experience working on multiple projects requiring a wide range of skills and technologies, (machine learning, deep learning, Natural Language Processing)
- Ability to inspire the junior data scientists who will follow in his directives and have People management skills in order to lead a project
- Strategic and creative-innovative thinker, having an ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Highly proficient in SAS, Python, R, or other equivalent languages, and Strong SQL knowledge
- Result-oriented individual, self-motivated, and proactive needing minimal supervision
- Highly organized able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented person, with ability to work comfortably in a group/collaborative setting
The company offers an attractive remuneration package and a fast learning and flexible working environment for an extensive professional growth.
[Το send your CV please click here]