Senior Operational Auditor
“Exiting Career Move for an Ambitious High Potential”
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world. We provide competitive advantage, drive sustainability and deliver trust. At SGS, we are continually pushing ourselves to deliver innovative services and solutions that help our customers move their businesses forward.
We are looking for passionate, bright and analytical professional(s) with a business risk focus for our small regional audit teams, which are based in the Americas, Asia, Africa and Eastern and Western Europe. This role gives the candidate exposure to our expanding service portfolio, business strategy, quite diverse operations and high level business risks as well as interactions with our senior management and decision makers.
- Performs diverse risk and assurance assignments of our offices and laboratories including
- Operational reviews of key business operational processes
- Assessments of key financial process controls at country head offices
- Post-acquisition integration reviews and Special projects
- At offices ranging from small to large and throughout the region, but with potential for involvement in global projects
- Identifies risk control gaps in processes and proposes constructive and practical solutions to management.
- Applies our risk focused audit approach utilizing a leading comprehensive audit and risk management software solution.
- Participates in improvement of our audit practices and methodologies, and in the creation of risk and control guidance material for process owners
- Builds and maintains effective working relationship with country and senior management teams
- University degree plus 4 to 6 years’ experience acquired through working at an external audit firm, complemented with some years in industry in an assurance, process control or risk role
- Sound understanding of controls & risks and their application to the business environment;
- Possess an internationally recognized business or financial professional certification.
- Must have work experience and exposure in the region
- This position will be based in Sofia Bulgaria, or for fluent French speakers can also be in Paris
- Driven to deliver professional quality work within agreed deadline and with limited guidance and support
- Excellent writing skills to enable direct delivery of reports at senior management level
- Prefers making self a professional assessment of a process, rather than just executing compliance type tests on transactions
- Must enjoy working in challenging work environments with short audit cycles and be able to adopt quickly to different assignments or businesses
- Good influencing and inter-personal communication skills
- Global working language is English, but fluency in Russian, French and or Spanish is desirable
- This position requires significant travel
To apply for the position please send your CV in English to the following address
[Το send your CV please click here]