Vacancy Name: Senior Project Manager (IOT Systems)
Location City Athens
Location Country Greece
Role also available in
About u-blox: u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Senior Project Manager (IOT Systems)
This is an exciting opportunity to join u-blox as a Project Manager, where you will be managing multiple projects in the u-blox product center short range (SHO). You will work within a very demanding market, and your projects will be building up key product features for u-blox future growth. This role will give you tough challenges, both technical and commercial. You should therefore enjoy challenges and be an excellent communicator at all levels, able to communicate across our multi-site teams with ease.
The Project Manager is responsible for steering, planning, decision-making and controlling all matters that arise within a development project. The role entails overall planning to maximize the efficiency of the development activities while ensuring timely and high-quality execution of projects. You will be responsible for making decisions based on clear justification considering different scenarios including budget-, resource-, technical- & market risk assessment and mitigation. Besides managing the project team, you will help to further improve the u-blox product life-cycle process (PLCP) to achieve high quality products.
Candidates require several years of multi-disciplinary project management experience in the electronics industry to pursue a career in project management in a technically challenging environment.
- Plan, steer and monitor activities of the assigned projects against strict deadlines
- Run projects according to internal process guidelines
- Identify project conflicts and help prioritization within portfolio
- Manage and coordinate project teams of experienced engineers and technical project managers
- Effectively communicate on project status whilst prioritizing tasks within the project as required
- Implement project management process changes and assure where needed to improve product quality and development efficiency
- Maintain key relationships within the team and lead decision making to ensure quality and delivery of projects
- Work in cooperation with Line managers to understand project issues and identify solutions
- Coordinate production with the production sites
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of Leadership experience and/or Project Management experience
- Experience inSW and HW development of wireless products
- Experience in systems requirement management
- Thorough experience in project management techniques and tools
- Skills to understand and manage technical risk and ability to make key decisions based on diverse, and often incomplete or contradicting information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to support multi-disciplinary teams in their organization, planning, work breakdown and decision making
- A strong desire to be involved in cutting edge technology and willingness to learn new technologies and improve knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with senior management
- Proven ability to take ownership, lead, monitor and motivate project teams
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Experience in IOT architecture and solutions, both from development and business point of view
- Experience working with external partners/design houses
Perks and Benefits
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Career growth opportunities
- Bonus Plan
- Share Plan
- Benefits (Athens Location)
- Modern offices located inMaroussiregionwith nearbyMetro, Suburbanand Buslines
- Hybrid work model (40% work from home)
- Wellness workplace (lunch and coffee areas, meal vouchers)
- Parking lotor publictransportationsubscription
- Health/Life insurance
- Pension Plan
- Relocation package
- 50% tax relief (EU citizens transferring their tax residence in Greece)
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Contact: Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.