Location City: Athens
Location Country: Greece
Role also available in
About u-blox u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
Senior Software Engineer -Tools and Drivers (GNSS)
As part of our motivated and international TDS (Tools, Drivers and Sample Code) team you will help to develop Web and Electron applications to be used in combination with u-blox positioning products, such as GNSS receivers. You will be in at the start of a new team in Athens, and so your expertise and support in growing this team will be crucial.
The role is located in Athens (GR).
- Develop software as part of a heterogenous Scrum team. Getting involved with the whole product lifecycle and in all aspects of the product development
- Develop new and maintain existing features
- Improve the functionality, usability, architecture and quality of the software
- Work closely with team members as well as stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Support the line manager with the interview process and onboarding of new employees on site.
- Support the expand of the team
Your Skills and Experience:
- Programming language and tools knowledge:
- React frameworks (e.g. Redux)
- Version control software (preferably git).
- Continuous Integration system (preferably GitLab or Jenkins).
- Experience with Automated testing methods and tools
- A very pro-active and flexible team player with the ability and motivation to work as part of a Scrum team
- Ability to work, learn, organize very independently and support less experienced colleagues
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 3 years of experience in the relevant fields
- A strong focus on quality
- Willingness to travel occasionally within Europe for a few days
- Higher education in relevant field
- EU Citizen or holder of work permit for Greece
- Asynchronous programming (e.g.: RxJS)
- Scrum and Agile methodologies
- GNSS experience
- Cloud development (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Develop build, test and deployment pipelines
- UI Design experience
- Development under Linux
- Network and IPC programming
- Interest in:
- Android Driver development
- Windows Driver development
Perks and Benefits:
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Career growth opportunities
- Bonus Plan
- Share Plan
- Benefits (Athens Location):
- Modern offices located in Maroussi region with nearby Metro, Suburban and Bus lines
- Hybrid work model (40% work from home)
- Wellness workplace (lunch and coffee areas, meal vouchers)
- Parking lot or public transportation subscription
- Health/Life insurance
- Pension Plan
- Relocation package
- 50% tax relief (EU citizens transferring their tax residence in Greece)
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organisation and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Applications Close Date
Contact Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
[To send your CV please click here]