Job Position Title: Snr MHPSS Program Assistant - with language skills
Department: Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS)
Duty Location: Field Position, Vathy, Samos
Length of Initial Contract: June 2020, with possibility of extension
The IRC works in Greece from July 2015 responding and providing aid to the influx of refugees and migrants. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas of programming on the Greece mainland, Northern Greece and the islands of Lesvos and Chios: Protection, WASH, Economic Recovery and Development and Livelihoods and is now launching a mental health program on Samos.
Job Overview/ Summary:
The MHPSS Program Assistant provides general support to ensure the timely and effective implementation of the MHPSS program on Samos, working closely with the senior psychologist, the MHPSS program staff and the senior MHPSS Manager.
- Work closely with the MHPSS program staff and ensure the efficient implementation of the program.
- Coordinate and liaise with IRC departments (Supply Chain, HR, and Finance) to follow up on any issues related to program staff, including but not exclusive to leave requests, petty cash, procurements
- Update and maintain all trackers used for reports by program staff.
- Help organize weekly internal meetings as needed, draft and share minutes with the team
- If needed pick up clients from Vathy Reception and Identification Center to IRC’s counselling office or other locations according to the daily schedule of appointments with IRC’s car and drive them back to Vathy after their appointments
- Organize the weekly schedule of appointments of the program staff and communicate this to the clients with the support of the team when needed
- Organize appointments with private doctors as needed, communicate the status of these appointments to the supervisors and SC department and keep a record of all requests
- Organize external interpretation requests, make all the necessary follow ups
- Monitor shortages at the counselling office and make all the necessary purchases
- Coordinate with program staff to purchase the necessary medication for the clients, deliver this to clients and /or other medical actors when needed and keep record of all relevant actions
- Communicate status of referred cases to the referring actors on a monthly basis
- Attend working groups and meetings if needed
- Provide general support to program staff with any administrative and logistical tasks
- Provision of French/Arabic/Farsi/Dari interpretation at individual and group counselling and psycho-education sessions when needed
- NGO experience preferred
- Strong interest in supporting refugees and vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for the beneficiaries and partners
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, and work in a difficult environment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Strong knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Fluency in Greek and/or English. Fluency in French and/or Arabic, Farsi/Dari. Experience in interpretation.
- Valid driving license and experience in driving
- All staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in transit sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
[To send your CV please clik here.]