Costa Navarino is the new prime destination in the Mediterranean, with a strong commitment to sustainable practices and environmental responsibility. Located in the Greek region of Messinia in southwest Peloponnese, Costa Navarino is set against a backdrop of unspoiled, breathtaking seaside scenery and 4,500 years of history. Costa Navarino currently comprises two luxury Marriott managed properties, The Westin Resort Costa Navarino and The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, offering a total of 766 guestrooms, suites amp; villas, a state-of-the-art 5000m2 House of Events conference center, the Anazoe Spa & Thalassotherapy, two signature golf courses, exquisite gourmet dining venues, shops and boutiques, first class children’s facilities and multiple sports and activities.
The award-winning The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort and The Westin Resort Costa Navarino are seeking for an experienced and exceptional Sommelier who loves hosting and interacting with people.
Being part of our Food and Beverage team you will:
- Propose new wines or promotions to the Restaurant Manager andAssistant F&B Manager
- Ensurethe range of drinks available and understanding the pricing
- Ensure that proper mis-en-place is prepared for each service
- Assist customers with their choice of wine or drink and to take the appropriate
- Organize and assist with the service of beverages along with the correct accompaniments, using the correct equipment and glasses, to the standard laid down by the F&BOperations Manager
- Ensure the correct handling, use, storage and cleaning of all liquor service equipment
- Be aware of, and comply with the Licensing Laws
- Be aware of all facilities in the hotel, in case of customer queries
- Study the advance business forecasts and programs, and liaise with the Restaurant Manager and Food and Beverage Office about any anticipated problems
- Assist and advise as to the content of the Wine Lists and offer any advice as to particular wines on them.
- Identify any sub-standard stock and ensure it is handled accordingly
- Ensure that a tight control is kept on all stock used and that all checks are raised and processed correctly and are either paid or charged to account
- Assist in other areas of the restaurant as needed
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
- Control all stocks within the bar and ensure stock takes are completed accurately and on time each week for accounting purposes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position in a fast paced environment
- Wine knowledge accreditation / certificate is a must
- Proper communication etiquette in both Greek and English;
- Ability to build rapport with guests;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Hosting, organizational and problem solving skills.
Navarino Dunes offers:
- Competitive salary remuneration based on qualifications;
- Chance to be developed within the most innovative operator of lifestyle hospitality brands in the world;
- Οn going training opportunities;
- Accommodation in the vicinity of Navarino Dunes (for non - Messinian residents);
- Meals within the premise;
- Private Medical Plan;
- Use of Navarino Dunes Facilities, according to the relevant policies.
Please note: CVs with no reference code and not fulfilling
the above prerequisites won’t be taken under consideration.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to grow within the most innovative
hospitality operator, please send an English resume and a photograph
CVs to be sent at:
[To send your CV please click here]