A. POSITION IDENTIFICATION
Job Title: Spa & Gallery Supervisor
Job Grade: 2
Report directly: Spa & Gallery Manager
Job Purpose: To maximize customer satisfaction by providing a Professional Services to the guests as well as ensure the facility is cost-effective and profitable. To direct and control all activities of subordinates ensuring Spa & Gallery meets standard and guest satisfaction objectives.
B. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
C. KEY RESULT AREAS
- Enhances guest recognition at all times by addressing guest by name and interacting with them on a professional level.
- Always offer alternatives if a requested service is unavailable.
- Always be visible to guests by being present at the reception desk.
- Be fully conversant with all Banyan Tree Spa/Gallery services and facilities in order to be able to make helpful recommendations, and to be able to up-sell Spa services and cross sell spa products.
- Accepts and accurately records all guest bookings for Spa services in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Ensures that all cashiering functions are carried out in accordance with hotel’s accounting procedures.
- Accepts responsibility for, and to show initiative in decision-making, when handling minor guest objections, in order to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Refers major guest objections to immediate superior to prevent further guest dissatisfaction.
- Ensures Spa retail items are attractively displayed to maximize sales.
- Prepare necessary documents for stock take and submit record for stock analysis report.
- Assist to conduct inventory stock taking periodically.
- To visit central store ensuring stock are being kept in organized manner, proper procedure and in sequence of structure order.
- To ensure stock control policy and procedure are strictly followed and monitor the accuracy of stock transfer, RTV and other stock related documentation prepared by store and individual outlet.
- To ensure proper procedures between accounting and operations are executed in effective manner in the area of coordination.
- Ensures the security and safety of all areas and facilities, and to be responsible for premise keys.
- To supervise and check standard of the receptionists.
- Perform as the receptionist / cashier when needed.
- Take care of customers’ special needs.
- Make sure all customers are served correctly and politely.
- Check customers’ satisfaction after treatment.
- In charge and help to solve problems in the absence of Spa Manager.
- Perform tasks delegated by Spa & Gallery Manager.
- Attend sales and promotional events as appropriate and as directed.
- Maximize sales of in-house facility, merchandise, and products through effective promotion for both Spa & Gallery.
- Conduct orientation program and training courses for new associates and regular “refresher” courses for existing associates. Ensure that associates attend training to develop themselves, minimum 5 hours per associate per month.
- Able to analyze basic financial key factors i.e. capture rate, number of guests, number of therapists, average rate in order to develop strategy to achieve budget.
- Always provide product knowledge and presentation to guests.
- Ensure that the gallery is always presentable and excellent visual display is maintained.
- Monitor stock movement and ensure stock control procedures are carried out effectively and conduct and implement stock take as planned.
- Provide completed information to guest for VAT refund and export regulation.
- Ensure the Premise area is clean and tidy.
- Coordinate with Engineering Department on repair and maintenance work required in the Premise.
- Conducts inspections of the Premise areas as directed.
- Promote gallery visibility at hotel lobby, restaurant, swimming pool, golf club as per time assigned.
- Enhance retail display within hotel area to encourage purchase i.e. sampler or promotion with retail products.
- Up-selling gallery promotion, and membership program to maximize revenue and increase average rate per transaction.
- Increase number of guest both in-house and outside, priority will be in-house capture rate.
- Increase inter-action and independence with guests’ contact, in order to raise their confidence level.
- Ensure all subordinates project a professional image and pleasant disposition to enhance guests’ experience at all times.
- Understand the gallery and hotel’s policies and procedures, rules and regulation.
- Supervises, and if necessary, discipline subordinates under direct control.
- Reports sickness or misconduct of all associates to immediate superior.
- Ensures that all associates report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform and nametags.
- Builds and efficient team of subordinates by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and security, training and development.
- Ensures that all associates have a complete understanding of the company’s policies and procedures, so that they may adhere to them.
- Conducts training for new and existing associates as directed, and to report all activities to the Spa & Gallery Manager regularly. To keep accurate departmental records of all training conducted.
- Ensures that all receptionists follow BTHR standards.
- Ensures that reception area is always neat, tidy and clean all the times.
- Ensures that all department reports and correspondences are completed accurately and punctually.
- Ensures proper handling of lost and found items.
- Prepares shift roster and assign daily tasks to subordinates.
- Follows correct procedures for requisitioning and control of supplies.
- Ensures cash float is always correct.
- Ensures the last shift closes correctly, and that all doors are locked.
- Updates contract files properly and periodically.
- Reports for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- Maintains high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Attends briefings and meetings as requested.
- Conducts inspection of the Spa areas as directed.
- Answers telephone calls promptly and in accordance with hotel’s standards, in a manner that is courteous, professional, and friendly.
- Complete understanding of the company’s procedures in respect to health, hygiene and safety.
- Attends all scheduled training, even if this should fall outside of regular working hours.
- Performs any other reasonable tasks as directed by the management.
- Respond actively and quickly to changes in the operations as dictates by the industry, company or hotel
- Undertake any other assignments and duties as may be required from time to time
- Ensure that gambling, squabbling, smoking, consumption of alcohol, or the use of dangerous drugs are strictly prohibited in the premises at all times
- Protect and preserve the Company’s interest, reputation, and image at all times
E. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Mystery Shopper Results
- Cleanliness and maintenance of the Spa reception and Spa lobby areas.
- Guest comments
- Associate development and turnover.
- Accurate completion of departmental administrative tasks.
- Flexibility in inter-departmental co-operation.
- Adheres to BTHR Standards.
- Overall financial performance.
- Overall quality of spa treatment, premises cleanliness and experiences.
- Customer Satisfaction Results.
- Achievement of Spa & Gallery sales goals and objectives. Ability to propose & implement strategic planning/policy in order to lead the Spa & Gallery in more effective way of doing business.
- Staff training and development.
- Effectively manage stock measured by stock report outcome.
- Ability to plan & implement stock control procedure in effective manner and stock discrepancies are minimized.
- Achievement of sales budget under the area in charge.
- The numbers of guest complaints are minimized.
- Stock discrepancies are minimized and/or as per stock control policies.
- Ability to handle difficult guests/situation effectively.
- Product knowledge.
G. PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
- Year of related experience 3 – 5 years
- Education qualifications
Bachelor degree technological educational institude / professional licence
Essential Job Skills
- Good English Language skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team work.
- Detailed knowledge of working practices of spa and retail.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Positive outgoing personality
Desirable Job Skills
- Knowledge of local language and any additional languages.
- Experienced work in hydrothermal garden or fitness if that location provides these facilities.
- Detailed knowledge of spa/hotel/retail systems.
- Proven track record in hotel or similar standard in similar capacity.
- In possession of all faculties.
- Pleasant physical appearance.
- Strong stamina.
Level of Independence
Limited authority with regulations. Required to show initiative and assistance when necessary.
Level of Thinking
Adaptive. Uses previous experience to provide effective solutions to challenges with fair judgement.
- Skill level
Excellent interpersonal skills required.Interacts with colleagues, guests and suppliers.
- Language skills
- Deals or negotiates in English. Advantageous to be able to deal in additional languages including local language.
[To send your CV please click here]