We have one common vision at IKEA: to help our customers enjoy a better everyday life at home. We take our vision very seriously.
We all choose to work at IKEA because we share the unique company culture and values. We are passionate about our business and strive for high performance. We have fun at work and a human approach while performing.
When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a diverse group of people who value working together. You will enjoy an open and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. At IKEA we always do our jobs knowing that we can achieve great things when many people work together.
IKEA Finance and Business Navigation, is about navigating the growth of IKEA and steer the business towards sustained long term profitability by:
- being driven by the IKEA business idea, culture and values, with a focus on sustainable profitability
- being a proactive trustworthy partner taking a multidimensional view in becoming the leader in life at home
- identifying and evaluating business opportunities to enable IKEA organizations to make optimum decisions
- initiating and supporting the development of new ways of working, with focus on simplicity
- providing relevant and user friendly business information standardized for all IKEA organizations
For our store in Athens - Airport, we are looking for:
Reporting to the Store Finance Controller and Business Navigator, you will be responsible and accountable for:
- Reconciliation and follow up of the company’s purchases, sales, and payments
- Checking of the accounting entries and the VAT ledgers
- Producing the weekly and monthly follow up reports and various ad hoc reports
- Communication with auditors, banks, and other external parties
- Book keeping and archiving “Z” reports
- Dispatching of invoices to Group Accounting at predefined intervals and archiving issued invoices and credit notes
- Always acting as a role model, be polite, and approachable to the customers and your colleagues
- To assist in the preparation and correct presentation of all store financial related reports To undertake projects that the Store Financial Controller & Business Navigator appoints and bringing them to the desired result in the agreed deadlines and quality standards
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position, ideally in the high volume retail sector
- Analytical and numerical abilities
- Very good planning, organizational and follow up skills and team oriented personality
- Achievement drive, initiative taking and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- University Degree University Degree, in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Very Good command of the English language
- Very good use of MS Office (especially Excel),Sap & BPC
You lead by example. You dare to be different with a meaning while being cost conscious and strive for simplicity. You are humble and willing to give and take responsibility. You have a hands on and Customer service driven approach that brings results. You have passion for home furnishing and retailing.
What we offer:
- Career and development prospects in one of the most successful commercial groups in the Balkans
- Extensive continuous training
- Competitive remuneration package
IKEA started its operation in Greece through House Market, a member of Fourlis Group of Companies, and counts 5 stores in Greece (Athens, Thessaloniki, Larissa, and Ioannina), 1 in Cyprus (Nicosia) and 1 in Bulgaria (Sofia). IKEA – House Market also operates 6 Pick-Up-Points (Rhodes, Patra, Chania, Heraklion, Komotini, Kalamata) and 3 in Bulgaria (Varna, Plovdiv & Burgas).
If you want to develop your career in a fast paced retail environment and are committed to achieve superb results, then
get in touch with us by 18/10/2019, through submitting your complete resume at
[To send your CV please click here]