We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our IT Operations team in Athens. The successful candidate will be part of a talented team of engineers and work on delivering mission critical infrastructure, ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
More specifically, as Systems Engineer, you will:
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability; and
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
To be considered you should have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- 3-5 years working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments;
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX);
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure;
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box);
- Experience with monitoring systems and automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef);
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python);
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Greek and English.
We are offering an attractive competitive salary and the opportunity for a rapid career development, working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
If you are willing to become part of our team of professionals
and make a difference, please send a detailed CV.
[To send your CV please click here]