Position: WATSAN Agent
Project: MSF Europe Migration/Balkan Projects
Location: Samos, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Operating, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting the Water Hygiene Sanitation (WATSAN ) facility and its processes, according to hygiene and sanitation standards and MSF protocols, in order to ensure a proper functioning of WATSAN activities to improve the health conditions of the target population.
- Performing the WATSAN day-to-day activities such as collecting and sorting wastes before disposal, keeping the incinerator in good working order, ensuring the cleaning and correct hygiene status of the latrines, cleaning the water storage and treatment tanks, etc.
- Knowing and applying security and hygiene standards regarding the operation of WHS infrastructure, taking care of his/her own safety.
- Informing the line manager and/or technical adviser of any incidents that might compromise his/her (or that of others) safety or security.
- Ensuring the availability and correct usage of all material and equipment.
- Education: Literacy essential
- Languages: Greek language essential, English language desirable
- Knowledge: Computer literacy
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting
reference code “WATSAN AGENT SAMOS” in the subject line of the e-mail at:
Closing Date: 31/10/2019
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.