Position: WATSAN Supervisor
Project: MSF Europe Migration/Balkan Projects
Location: Samos, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WATSAN) Manager in the implementation and supervision of WATSAN activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned WATSAN activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the WATSAN teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of WATSAN activities;
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Supporting the WATSAN Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- Supporting the WATSAN Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the WATSAN Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required.
- Education: Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation.
- Experience: Previous experience in technical works and organizing of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment
- Languages: English language is mandatory
- Knowledge: Computer literacy
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting
reference code “WATSAN SUPERVISOR SAMOS” in the subject line of the e-mail at:
Closing Date: 31/10/2019
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.