We are looking for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team of our Grace Hotel Santorini, part of the Auberge Resorts Collection, as a Waiter A.
Summary: Waiter A'relates with guests about needs, satisfaction with the food & beverage, ensuring a consistently caring and high-quality service.
This position reports directly to the Captain.
- Primarily responsible for assisting Guests in food and beverage service.
- Comply with the Grace standards in use within the Restaurant and other Food & Beverage outlets.
- Be knowledgeable about dishes, cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices.
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggests food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Accurately and quickly takes and places food & beverage orders and input them into the Micros system.
- Obtains revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performs basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Fills in, for absent staff as needed
- Punches the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food.
- Communicates to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co - ordinates with the Waiters C, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serves food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintains proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offeringdesserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepares mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly opens and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assists Waiters C with stocking and maintains the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Helps in other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Prints closing report and drops the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- A minimum of 5 year experience in food service/hospitality.
- Hospitality Certificate or Degree.
- An EFET Certification is highly appreciated.
- A good knowledge of food and wine.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Good character to work in a fast-paced team.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and elegantly in English and local language.
Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to transport trays.
[To send your CV please click here.]