Job Title: Warehouse / Admin Assistant
Department: Supply Chain
Duration: Until 30.09.2018
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Overtime Eligible (per local law)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse/Admin Assistant is responsible for managing all incoming deliveries, their storage, store releases and admin procedures.
- Is responsible for receiving items and preparing the space required for storage of items.
- Is responsible for loading and unloading vehicles for items entering and leaving the warehouse.
- Is responsible for delivering items to requested locations (driving IRC’s car)
- Responsible for the receipt, recording, tracking and reporting of all items deliveries;
- Checks that the quantities delivered correspond to those indicated on the shipping documents.
- Records all items onto Bin Cards and Stock Cards, ensuring these records are created, updated and accurate.
- Ensures that bin cards and stock cards that are old and/or full are correctly archived.
- Ensures quality standards (checks for open cards, rusty cans, wet items, expiry date ... etc.)
- Ensure that all products ship is accompanied by their stock transfer documents, waybills and other shipping documents (for example donation certificates).
- Monitor and maintain an updated asset register by doing a regular updates on the asset tracking sheet.
- Monitor and maintain a Donation Tracker
- Monitor and maintain a Property list by doing regular checks on IRC property items (desks, chairs, cabinets etc.)
- Monitor and ensure that all personnel documents are updated and maintained in the personnel files (Visibility, clothing, phone numbers)
- Is responsible for traveling staff’s accommodations in Lesvos
- Is responsible for monitoring and preparing payments for offices utilities, bills and lease agreements.
- Collects and delivers to the Supply Chain Manager all monitor sheets required for the stock, assets and donations.
- All supporting documents (waybill, stock transfer, good Received note etc.) must be correctly saved for reference and use in the reports.
- Assist Procurement Officer and Office Staff with logistics activities, as required.
- Drive staff shifts from/to KaraTepe camp.
- Knowledge of generic warehouse and supply chain practices (IRC Hellas or NGO experience advantageous),
- Professional experience of warehousing (minimum 6 months) and delivery practices
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or Business Administration and any other relevant field will be consider as an advantage.
- Familiarity with Lesvos geography,
- Holder of a valid driving license,
- Competent in spoken and written English,
- Good mathematical skills,
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
[To send your CV please click here]