Express Publishing was established in 1988 with the purpose of raising the standards of English language teaching. By producing a wide variety of innovative teaching materials including course books, grammar books, exam materials, and supplementary readers we have been meeting the needs of students and teachers alike for almost 30 years. The company has enjoyed steady growth since its inception, and offers over 3500 titles sold in over 90 countries. Express Publishing has forged strategic partnerships with publishers across the globe, allowing it to become one of the leading ELT publishers in the world.
Methodology & Principles
The key features are:
- Interactive e-book (i-eBook) free for every student. i-eBooks mirror the contents of the printed book and are the perfect companion to language learning as they provide students with all the material they need for stress-free homework.
- Flexible material appropriate for large classes (over 40 students per class)
- Multiple Pathways to Learning (Differentiated Instruction). Following the principle that every brain is wired differently, Express Publishing materials are designed to present target information with the individual learning styles of learners (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) and multiple intelligences in mind.
- Creativity and Innovation. Working either individually or in groups, learners are asked to create projects, make presentations, do craftwork, as well as a variety of other innovative and creative activities in order to develop social skills and build confidence.
- Visual Learning. For the primary levels, all core vocabulary is visually illustrated and dialogues, songs, and stories are fully animated. For the secondary levels, authentic documentary-style videos are provided to engage learners and reinforce language structures.
- Communication and Collaboration. Learners work in pairs or groups and learn to collaborate with others and respect the opinions of their peers.
- Teaching Universal Values. Express Publishing materials place a strong emphasis on teaching learners universal values, to respect others and themselves, as well as instilling a sense of honesty, integrity, and responsibility.
- Cross-cultural education. Comparing and contrasting other cultures promotes learners’ cultural individuality
- Cross-curricular Instruction. Students develop their English language skills by exploring other subject areas – such as history, science, and geography.
- Teachers’ Support. Express Publishing offers plenty of resources for teachers in a variety of forms: Teacher’s Books providing step-by-step lesson plan guidance, Picture Flashcards, Posters, Story Cards, Teacher’s Resource CD-ROMs, and Interactive Whiteboard Software.