Varoulko Santorini and Grace Hotel Santorini, Auberge Resorts Collection, listed as the best Hotel in Europe and Greece By Travel + Leisure, for the season 2022 is looking for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team, as a Restaurant Captain.
The Restaurant Captain provides guidance and day to day supervision of the Food &Beverage departments in accordance with the high-quality standards and objectivesestablished by Grace Hotel while ensuring the highest customer experience for theguests. Part of the Food & Beverage management team, he/she is responsible for co-running of all aspects of the Restaurant and Bar, including Room Service and any activityrelated to F&B front and back of the house areas to ensure that highest quality of food,drinks and service procedures while actively cooperating with Kitchen department and itsteam.
This position reports directly to the F&B Manager
- Organise and supervise the efficient daily running of the Restaurant and Bar and its staff in accordance to Grace Hotelstandards.
- Ensure first quality Food and Beverage service is delivered and relate with guests about their needs and satisfaction levels.
- Supervise the team with a hands-on approach, ensuring the correct completion of all required tasks in a timely fashion.
- Improve F&B sales revenues beyond budget and monitor costs.
- Supervise and support the cleaning, clearing and resetting dining room tables as needed.
- Ensure that serving stations are well-stocked at all times.
- Conduct pre-meal informational briefing with staff so that are knowledgeable about dishes, cooking methods, menu items, specials, etc.
- Supervise the accuracy of the guest check and collect payment or signature, as required.
- Behave as a role model communicate effectively with all employees, acting as a motivating influence, training all new team members.
- Maintain close and efficient communication with maintenance team with regards to any maintenance needed in the restaurant and bar, in order to ensure that the departments are constantly kept at an excellent condition.
- Develop a positive relationship with guests and all team members, whilst remaining professional and service orientated at all times.
- Implement all aspects of departmental training on the job functions.
- Perform other duties as requested or deemed necessary by the management.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage.
- A minimum of 5 year previous experience in food service and hospitality.
- Excellent knowledge of Food and Beverage, including service, policies and procedures, wines and latest trends.
- Talented in engaging with guests.
- Proven experience in managing the employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of highly demanding and luxury profile clientele.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong, sense of responsibility and high ethics standards.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine is a must as well as fine dining operations.
- Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented. Honest and energetic work ethic.
- Dynamic & highly professional environment
- Career development opportunities
- Accommodation & meal plan provided
- Private Insurance