At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests' stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that's chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests' expectations at every possible turn.
Wrapped in ancient mythology in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, where lavender lands meet sapphire waters and our collection of rooms, suites and villas embody the timeless glamour of the Aegean. The warm Mediterranean hospitality is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest's every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it's our passion.
About the role
Assist the Demi Chef de Partie, Chef de Partie in the preparation, production and service of food items of the kitchen within the designated area. The job holder must be familiar with all policies and procedures of the department, F&B standards, Health & Hygiene, Fire & Safety standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation according to the department/hotel standard as laid down by the Sous Chef ensuring you are maintaining the relevant standards
- Be familiar with the menu and thoroughly know the ingredients, portion size, method of cooking, preparation time and presentation of item on the menu thereby ensuring the items are properly prepared and presented whether hot or cold or as the case might be
- Constantly check prepared food for its taste, temperature and visual appeal. Being aware of the importance of quality food and make every effort to prepare the items to the established quality
- Check daily all fridges and storerooms in the designated section ensure that the correct temperatures are being maintained and making sure all perishable items are in perfect condition. Take preventive action against loss whenever necessary
- Ensure and prevent the use of spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation. Double check with a senior chef should anything be in doubt regarding the quality and freshness of ingredients
- Be on duty according to the scheduled roster, correctly groomed and in a condition to perform assigned duties
- To ensure that all Food Safety standards – HACCP/Diversey or else are followed to the fullest
- Participate in on-the-job training and mentoring from senior chefs to ensure that you perform at the required standards
- To assist with any other duties as required by the line manager or another member of the management team
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery from an internationally recognized institution with minimum of 6 months Chef experience
- Knowledge of procedures and methods used in the preparation, production, presentation and storage of food items is required
- Proficiency in English would be beneficial
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.