Work with us – Dream with us – Grow with us
Το Santo Collection, a luxurious collection part of Metaxa Hospitality Group, is looking for the season 2023
Hotel Financial Controller
This position is to be employed on the property and responsible for a single property. This is not a home-based, remote, or headquarter-based position. The reporting line is to the Cluster Financial Controller and/or the CFO.
- Responsible for supporting and liaising with the hotel General Managers in meeting the organisation's strategic goals.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and operating results.
- Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
- Responsible for liaising with the hotel owners and COO of the organisation.
- Defining and applying controlling policies per corporate policy.
- Able to prepare and submit management reports on time and ensure delivery deadlines.
- Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
- Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotel assets.
- Able to assist proactively with cost control requirements.
- Able to assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
- Able to assist with profit improvement opportunities for hotel operations.
- Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish the work.
- Assists in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Monitors all local tax compliance that applies and ensures that taxes are charged correctly and collected.
- File the local tax with the concerned authority on a monthly/regular basis.
- Monitor and improve the hotel's operation costs and profitability and manage business risks.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Achieves and exceeds goals, including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Oversees internal, external, and regulatory audit processes.
- Conduct regular weekly finance department meetings.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognising the contributions of team members.
- Provides excellent leadership by differentiating top performers, fostering teamwork, and encouraging work/life balance.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to the hotel's standards.
- Suggests improvements in finance and controlling.
- Follows professional literature and proposes and implements business policy within the scope of Financial Controlling activities.
- Leads and participates in projects.
- Actively takes care of the training, knowledge exchange, and knowledge transfer to associates.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Qualifications / personal characteristics:
- Speaks and writes Greek and English fluently and has excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Min. 3 years of professional training gained up to property-based Financial Controller
- Must have experience with brand-managed hotels (not franchised nor independent hotels) with brands such as Marriott™, Hilton™, IHG™, and Accor™, in financial controlling. USALI trained, ideally by its 11th version
- Fully versed with Microsoft applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and can create / structure tabular spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience in F&B and/or night auditor and income auditor
- Ideally, working knowledge of back offices or accounting systems like Sun™, SAP™, and Fairmas™
- Ideally, knowledge of Hotel Software or Property Management Systems like FIDELIO™, OPERA™, Protel™, etc.
- Excellent financial/business decision-making
- Analytical skills and very well-organised
- BA in Ηotel Μanagement from a leading (inter) national hotel educational institute
- Or qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or have a bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or a similar major
- Very competitive salary remuneration
- Benefits & Βonuses
- Career development in a fast-paced, growing work environment
- Training opportunities
- Daily meals during hotel operations
- 12-year job
- Friendly work environment
[To send your CV please click here.]