Team Leader, Guest Relations - Hosts
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests' stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that's chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests' expectations at every possible turn.
Wrapped in ancient mythology in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, where lavender lands meet sapphire waters and our collection of rooms, suites and villas embody the timeless glamour of the Aegean. The warm Mediterranean hospitality is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest's every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it's our passion.
About the role
Guest Relations - Hosts Team Leader is responsible to manage pre-arrival, in-house and post-stay stages of guest. Guest Relations - Hosts Team Leader is responsible for the all the hosts, making sure that guests receive personalised top-notch service from the hotel. Guest Relations - Hosts Team Leader is responsible to ensure that all guests' expectations are met, and exceeded, throughout their stay at the resort. Guest Relations - Hosts Team Leader must be familiar with all resort standards, policies, and procedures to ensure daily operations is run effectively and efficiently. To be familiar with all the resort facilities, restaurants, local attractions, and other points of interest, in order to be able to promote and answer all enquiries concerning services and highly diversified queries from guests.
- Keep a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocate sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrate honesty/integrity; leads by example;
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervise and serve as a role model, while demonstrate appropriate behaviour.
- Conduct regular trainings for the team members.
- Scheduling employees based on hotel occupancy and demand.
- Check compliance with LQA & Forbes standards related to duties and conduct regular LQA & Forbes standards checks to the Guest Relations - Hosts team.
- Understanding employee positions well enough in order to perform duties, while their absence.
- Check and maintain grooming standards of the Guest Relations - Hosts team.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all the department to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Serve as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills, such as excellent verbal and communicational skills, while having organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, standards, and procedures and address deviations.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Provide information to colleagues by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Apply discipline procedures, when necessary.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Blow away guests at every opportunity.
- Intervene in any guest/employee situation as needed to ensure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee wellbeing is preserved.
- Provide services for customer satisfaction and retention based on five pillars.
- Maintain high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Support handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Establish a positive relationship with guests while maintaining a professional and attentive manner.
- Emphasize "we create joy" during all departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide immediate assistance to guests as requested.
- Responsible for all in-house guest requests and ensuring their needs are met and exceeded.
- Interact with guests on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Record guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
- Communicate both positive and negative feedback from the guests to management and the necessary departments.
- Participate, as needed, in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
- Making sure all guests' complaints are followed up and discussed during the daily meeting within the Team.
- Always seek opportunities to improve guests' service.
- Always demonstrate effective and appropriate interaction with guests whilst maintaining a professional approach and image based on five pillars.
- Always maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to our guests and potential guests.
Guest Relations - Hosts essence
- Run day-to-day operations of Guest Relations - Hosts Department, ensuring the quality standards and meeting the expectations of the guests daily.
- Ensure that all daily follow-ups of the Guest Relations - Hosts Department are recorded and monitored, sorted and completed based on urgency, nature and priority.
- Check that all e-mails received are replied to according Forbes Standards.
- Utilize guest profiles, correspondence, and previous histories to ensure requirements are communicated and met prior to guest arrival.
- Cooperate with other hotel departments to make sure the work is planned and organized efficiently.
- Ensure a high level of cleaning is always within your own work area.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned.
- Conducting hotel orientation
- Welcome drink service and towel service.
- Conducting the in-room check-in (for specific room categories)
- Be fully familiar with the room types, applicable rates, discount and rates structures and policies.
- Provide packing and unpacking service.
- Be able to acknowledge, recognize all guests arriving, in house and departing ones.
- Provide shoe shine service.
- Private in-room dining service assistance with the coordination of F&B
- Delivering guests' requests (presenting items, placing them, in-room behavior)
- Writing personal notes (thank-you card, information notes, arranging services, follow ups on restaurant/experiences/transfer bookings)
- Participate in the discussion of possible ways of improvement.
- Participate in the discussion of the work that affects the Guest Relations - Hosts.
- Attending internal hotel meetings, presenting Guest Relations - Hosts Department as required
- Responsible for pre-arrival communication with guests
- Communicate guests' arrivals, preferences and needs to all appropriate departments daily.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotating within the different sub departments of the Rooms Division or any other department of the hotel as assigned.
- Promote activities and facilities of the resort with the intention of converting bookings.
- Be aware of all Group events, VIP guests that are in house and of their movements. Ensure the information has been communicated to the entire Front Office team effectively.
- Personal check of the room readiness and amenities delivery before guests' arrival.
- To be flexible within your job and to be able to fulfill any other duties that you may be asked to perform
- Understand and implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Understand and comply with security, health and safety policies and procedures pf the hotel.
Education or certification
- Must be computer literate, knowledge of MS Office, Excel and Opera is essential.
- Must have experience as Head of Butlers or Head of Hosts or Guest Relations Management in a five-star environment for a minimum of 2 years.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be able to multitask.
- Have the ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding. European language skills will be advantageous.
- Business or Management qualifications are desirable.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver amazing experiences and everlasting memories.