We are seeking to recruit for season 2023 passionate, hardworking, generous, and enthusiastic individuals who work in alignment with all team members.
He or she needs to become an extension of our vision, be able to understand our ethics, policies & principles, to seize them and apply them.
To be willing to represent The Rooster as our team member while on site yet also towards the outside world, so we can rise together and be willing to provide a home away from home.
We are building an environment where personalized relationships between our team and our guests influence our space. We are contracting these relationships on mutual respect & generosity, while we need to be able to deliver our one of kind services and offerings based on accountability and extreme professionalism.
As a purchasing supervisor, one should work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
Also to assist the Finance and Operational Departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of cost of Sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting,budgeting,etc.
PURCHASING SUPERVISOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems, and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef daily and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated, and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the 'pending orders' report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.·
- Issues regularly slow-moving item lists.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilizing vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality, and availability.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files, and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
Graduate or diploma in business studies or MBA or purchasing and supply. With good knowledge of MS office suite and Materials Controll software (MMS)
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Full time
- Opportunity to be part of a unique vision/project
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Dynamic, Friendly and Supportive working environment
- On shift meals
- Transfer to / from resort