As an IT System Administrator, you must maintain, upgrade, and manage our software, hardware, and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Monitoring and maintaining email server / domain configuration – Microsoft Azure/O365
- Monitoring and maintaining websites
- Backup management
- IT security: virus threats & network security
- VPN server / SQL databases / backups
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Managing network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, flexible, initiative multitasking and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to resolve problems timely and effectively
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, and help with various tasks
- Commitment to discretion and confidentiality concerning sensitive company information
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Proven experience in Microsoft Azure/Office 365
- Experience in databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Greek language
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Professional certifications e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Cisco, Checkpoint are a plus.