Athens Capital Hotel - MGallery would like to recruit:
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 women and men to share something unique: Every day we welcome the world. We watch over millions of guests. Curiosity is what drives us. Just as attention to each other. We love the mixture of cultures. We share strong values: passion for the guest, sustainable performance, conquest, innovation, trust and respect. And we are proud of our differences. Yes, we are pioneers - and we always go further: with boldness, imagination, with passion.
MGallery Collection, a private collection of favorite hotels, is designed for adventurous travelers and for initiates who are looking for experiences off the beaten track. Unique and fascinating, with edifying and enchanted stories, MGallery hotels have this «I do not know what», that rhymes with a certain art of receiving the French. MGallery is a cocoon for explorers driven by passion, curiosity and the world around them. Each hotel in the collection is remarkable for its unique personality, its cozy comfort and its local color.
Athens Capital Hotel – MGallery
MGallery selects unique properties with passion to gather then into a unique collection of hotels where captivating stories are lived and shared. Positioned within Accor Luxe portfolio, Athens Capital Hotel – MGallery is located in the very heart of Athens on Syntagma square just next to the Parliament House and constitutes the perfect choice for an eco-urban break to discover the city vibes. The hotel features 177 uniquely designed rooms and suites, a restaurant, a lobby lounge bar and rooftop pool sky bar, swimming pool and convertible function spaces for meeting and social events.
The Room Attendant:
- behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset.
- is in charge of tidying and cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas every day, in line with applicable norms and standards and the rules of safety and hygiene.
- guarantees a high standard of service for guests on that floor, in line with hygiene and safety standards.
- follows and respects the different schedules for cleaning and works.
- Remains polite and courteous at all times whatever customers may request.
- Respects guests' privacy while working (for example, by respecting the "Do not disturb" sign).
- Takes guests' behavior patterns into consideration.
- If necessary, explains to guests how to use certain equipment.
- Provides information for guests if needed, or directs them to the right person
Expertise related to the job
- Is familiar with the specific guidelines and instructions given by the Floor or Head Housekeeper (depending on the hotel) and applies them.
- Cleans and tidies rooms, bathrooms and common areas in line with the brand's standards, the rules of hygiene and cleanliness and the procedures implemented by the Head Housekeeper.
- Checks that equipment is in good working order, informing the Floor or Head Housekeeper (depending on the hotel) of any anomalies.
- Ensures that guest documentation in the rooms is complete and up-to-date.
- Applies the procedure for handling lost property.
- Restocks the mini-bar if necessary.
- Sorts and counts dirty linen items before sending to laundry.
- Sorts waste.
- Respects guidelines on the use of cleaning products.
- Handles hotel equipment, complimentary welcome gifts and room linen with due care.
- Is responsible for cleaning and restocking the trolley every day.
- May have to deliver and / or clear room-service trays.
- Is responsible for the "master key".
- Keeps the trolley and store room impeccably tidy.
Commercial / Sales
- Ensures harmony in the decor of rooms and common areas.
- Knows the hotel and its services, can inform and encourage guests if asked about them.
Management and administration
- Optimizes spend on cleaning products, welcome gifts and room linen.
Hygiene / Safety / Environment
- Ensures that the corridors are kept clean and free of obstacles.
- Respects the rules of hygiene and cleanliness and safety guidelines for guests' property.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the workplace and the proper functioning of the equipment of his/her department.
- Is familiar with and apply the procedures to be followed in the event of a fire evacuation.
- Is familiar and apply the Planet21 program policy.
DNA of the brand
- Be authentic
- Share success stories
- Be generous
- Personalize service
Education / Professional experience
- Vocational certificate in Accommodation or diploma in Hospitality and/or anyone eager to work in the sector regardless of their educational background, pending validation of their skills (can be trained directly by the Housekeeper as required).
- At least one year experience in the position.
- Languages: fluent in the national language and good spoken English.
Skills / Qualities
- Physical staying power
- Speed, efficiency and a thorough approach
- Good presentation
- Attention to detail and quality
- Good knowledge of cleaning products and the rules of hygiene